Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thankful!

Psalm 100:3-4 ESV
"Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!"

So many things to be thankful for. Family, friends, having work, a roof over our heads, food on the table, etc. 

I'm mainly thankful for all of the necessities being met in our lives. There are many things in life that I want but don't need. I want a Bose Surround sound in my den to tickle my ears with sweet music when I get home. However, I don't need it. There are speakers on my TV that can give me the sound I need. I want an iPhone 6 but my 4S is doing just fine. Those things don't provide for my family. Don't get me wrong, if I happen to be blessed with those wants I'm praising the Lord for it! If I don't ever have them, I'm still praising the Lord.

1 Timothy 6:8 ESV
"But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content."

Knowing that God is blessing me and my family with the basic needs in life gives me much comfort as a husband and father. Contentment with what God gives us is key. Also, contentment  to give to others in need that do not have the basic needs. This is what I want to teach our kids. Work hard for everything that you have. Have faith that God always honors your hard work, especially when you do all things with complete integrity. I pray this for my kids, grand kids, and generations after us. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment