Thursday, October 2, 2014

God's Path is not Always Our Planned Path

I've learned something in the past 3 years. We never know where God will place us. I started this blog a few years ago because I had a passion for running and music. After our 2nd child, Brynley, was born that passion has slowly faded. Am I happy? Well... Yes. I'm happier than I have ever been. Not because I stopped running. I'm happy because I have experienced God answering prayers and leading me and my family into a total different direction in life.

I was a band director in the public schools for 9 years. I loved teaching the kids and was very successful at what I did. However, I was not happy because the demands of the school system took me away from my family. I then accepted a job in sales after my career in teaching. I have to say, being a salesman is not who I am. During those years I was the Orchestra Director at our old church. God then did something that I didn't see coming. He led me to The Ark Church where I am working as the Associate Worship Director. I've always had a passion for ministry, I just never though that I'd be in it full time. Full time music at that. I praise the Lord everyday for our church! Everyone has a true heart for spreading God's Word and serving the needy in our community. I've been a part of church for a long time but never a church like the Ark. I'm excited to see what the future holds. All I can say is that when you are living according to God's will, He will provide you with a life of abundance. Not so much financial but Spiritually! Thank you Lord!

John 15:5
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

No comments:

Post a Comment